Tuesday 8 March 2011

Have a gander....

At these geese...



...stitched freehand on the sewing machine and taken from these old sketches...

I've got a pitch booked at the Royal Cornwall Show in June, thought I'd frame some stitchings and see if I can sell any! I'm going to frame the top 3 together, ie in a triple frame.

On the subject of birds, look as this fantastic book I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Take a look at the author's website here. She also writes a great blog here. The book includes patterns and instructions on making all manner of birds. I can't wait to get enough time to have a go at this beautiful swan...

Before I go, I must tell you that another Homespun Fair is fast approaching!
It's taking place at Portscatho on Easter Monday (April 25th) and promises to be a wonderful event. You can find more details on the Homespun blog.

Really hope to see you there!

13 comments:

  1. wow such a lovely post x love the geese- how delightful ;0)
    im having a giveaway on my blog if you fancy it? ;0)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sketches translate beautifully into machine embroidery. I love 'drawing' with my sewing machine too. I'm sure you will be a sell out at your fairs. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello there! Have a massive attack of the wanties (as usual after visiting your blog). Gorgeous. Hope all's fine and dandy with you, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your geese are beautiful. You can really tell you've taken the time to study them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goosey's good!
    Lovely book, I went to her blog and found I'd missed the opportunity to win a copy! Grr!

    Never mind, it's inspiring just looking at the photos....I feel another UFO coming this way...!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the geese Kirsty and I'm sure they will sell at your next stall. Three together will be adorable. Happy sewing.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kirsty your guess are brilliant, I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes at your stall.
    When my son was 3 y.o we stayed with my parents and my mum had a couple of guess. They scared the living daylights out of rich, you would hear him screaming when they started honking. These days he's over his fear although still a little wary.........
    Abi Glassenbergs book is brilliant, can't wait to see what you make.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your geese, the background colour really sets them off! Sure they will sell no problem:) Hope you're enjoying the sunshine down in Cornwall, and making lots of things with all that driftwood! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best of luck with the show kirsty. I love it and haven't managed to get there for a few years. Bet you'll sell loads x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the free sewn geese.
    I'm sure everyone will want to buy them.
    Love Diane.x

    ReplyDelete