Thursday 10 March 2011

Portscatho collage

Yesterday was one of those rare days when all orders (trade and private) had been taken care of, so with my youngest boy at pre-school all day, I sat at a clear desk and started on a new collage. This one is only half the size of the ones I've done before (A4 size), and I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I finished it!

I find it so therapeutic making these, almost like doing a jigsaw puzzle.

Here's a couple of details: in this one I'm liking the floral piece in the sea - can you see it?

I like just giving an impression of something (eg these flowers here). No labour-intensive detailing for me, thank you very much!!

I'm hoping to do a few more of these.
It's not so daunting starting something on a smaller scale. I could do some really small ones - this would work quite well, I reckon.

I think I even prefer it to the bigger picture! What do you think?

15 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. You are so talented :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Kirsty. Really interesting the impressionistic effect. And I agree about small scale convenience (are we allowed to use such a word in connection with creativity?). AND it leaves plenty of time for post collage clearing up!
    Love this blog
    Cheers
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful! You are so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them. Such inspirational work. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kirsty, I just love it ! And it's a collage of my favourite place too - which makes it doubly perfect :-)
    Still hoping you might create prints and cards from the collages ... hint, hint !!!
    D xx
    Hope you're well and dandy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Think I might have a go one day....
    Too many interests, not enough time!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again!
    Just thought, they would make excellent notecards/birthday cards Reproduced of course, not the originals.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea doing A4 and much easier to post to your buying public!! My parents are both artist and my Mum who studied painting and drawing at art school paints in a very similar fashion to your collage, suggesting things and best viewed from a distance. Keep collaging!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kirsty that is amazing and very affective. I find I have to take in the whole picture rather then try and focus on one thing.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your collage is absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kirsty, those are amazing!! Its so lively and sweet, you have such patience and skill!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, amazing Kirsty, how you designed the boats! I love it.
    Have a great weekend ahead,
    love Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kirsty, just love all your work and this is another brilliant collage.
    Love the little boats.
    Just wondering what sort of paper do you collage onto?

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work Kirsty and I love the colours.
    So glad I found your blog!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Portscatho, so definitely love this!

    ReplyDelete