Tuesday 8 May 2012

Polperro

 Not an exact replica, you understand, but anyone who has visited the picturesque Cornish fishing village will know of its higgledy piggledy houses and quirky old bridges. I was completely led by the materials in this piece, mainly the large "bridge" part, with its cut-out bit (exactly as I had found it on the beach!)

 I added steps and a slope on either side of the bank, and a piece of wood with several layers of blue peeling paint serves as the river.

 It was only after I had attached all the houses that I realised that should the inhabitants step out of their front doors, they might get a bit wet! But asthetics won over practicalities in the end!

 I have been making lots of cottages (only 5 weeks or so until the Contemporary Craft Festival - eek!)
This one is a bit special, as it has a rusty tin roof (again, exactly as I found it - holes and all)
 

And finally, it is my mums birthday tomorrow. She has had so many cards from me these last 4 decades, I worry about giving her the same thing twice, so I set about something new this morning. Following the new camper van and caravan designs, the next stop is the ice-cream van!
I hope she likes it. I may add it to my range later in the year.

Thanks for reading and for all your lovely comments lately!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kirsty's Mum ! :-)
    The ice-cream van is just great. I love the paint colour, and it really looks as though the van is moving along !!
    How was your canoe-ing weekend? I hope you had lots of fun and some rest time too,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that ice-cream van!

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ice cream van as well... you know I might need one of those too to add to my little collection of Kirsty Elson originals :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the loveliest street I've ever seen and I could move into any of the houses right now!! I'll have a "99" please with monkey's blood on top,Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love that street. Is it for sale on line????? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. All gorgeous! Especially loving the little tin roof house! fabulous work x

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet little icecream van & Polperro is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one crazy talented lady! love your work alot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such brilliant work, looking forward to reading more !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love Polpero - yes it does look like it! My aunt and uncle used to own a b & b there are I would visit in the off season. They owned The Polmary - do you know it? It was years and years ago and has since been sold. I remember helping them renovate by sanding the window sills!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing with us for all instructions Buy Vans

    ReplyDelete