Friday 21 January 2011

Valentine Birds

Hey guys, well would you believe it's Friday again?! I've had a lovely week again, there are a few orders trickling through, but I've had plenty of time to work on new ideas (the best thing about January I reckon!) I suppose I should have been thinking about Valentines Day about 6 months ago, but, true to form, I've left it almost to the last minute before listing anything!
This is what I've come up with....

Valentine love-birds made from bright felt and gorgeous vivid fabric from Seamstar.

The stitched envelope is draped around the birds neck so it can be removed - and the recipient can get to enjoy it all year round!

It's been a while since I did freestyle stitching like this!

In a choice of 2 colours - can you see that the wings are heart-shaped?

These two are hanging over my bed at the moment - I think a flock in lots of different colours would look nice! Available from Folksy now!
Happy Weekend Folks!

9 comments:

  1. Wonder if my valentine will remember this year? I want him to visit folksy and buy a lovebird. Big hints may have to be dropped this weekend. Have a happy sunny weekend, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST LOVELY!
    BUT HURRY UP!VALENTINE'S DAY IS ON THE WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I already own one of your lovely birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirsty! Lovely sweet birds!!! I have made some other birds and I think they would like to have company with hanging birds! I love also your small fabric pictures like the cottage! It's so wonderful how some tiny patches can make a hole scene!
    Have a lovely weekend! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirsty, noticed you are following my blog and came over to have a nosey at yours and it is just GORGEOUS!! Really like your wonderful collage picture on your banner at the top - what a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete